Friday, April 22, 2011

Taste of Parenthood

Last week Kim and Cory took a week-long trip to DC and Gettysburg. They needed a babysitter, so who better than Uncle Lincoln! The original plan was just for Lincoln to spend a week and a half in Utah by himself. But I couldn't let him have all the fun! He went out four days before me and got a nice taste of raising three children. We had lots of fun visiting family and friends and being "parents"! One of our favorite moments was taking the twins to their very first soccer game. Rather than write a long paragraph I'll just list some of the highlights.

1. Laney getting really excited and frequently running to the sideline to give us high-fives

2. Bradly losing interest in the game and sitting down on the field picking grass.

3. Bradly getting the ball and kicking it in the wrong direction.

4. Julia (who is not playing soccer) waiting in line with the team to get a treat. She thinks she's a big kid.

5. And my all time favorite moment was Laney falling to the ground right in the middle of play and doing push ups.

I told them to look tough....





Notice at 17 seconds Laney falls to the ground and starts doing her push ups

Then at 25 seconds Bradly is trying to pull up his shorts that keep falling down.

Shortly after that you see Laney rejoin exhausted after doing all her "exercises" as she calls them.

oh my, how funny it was.

We also celebrated Easter a little early and had an egg painting party.







Unfortunately that's all the pictures I took of Utah. But we had tons of fun and it was great to see everyone.

2 comments:

Andrew & Carlene Wood said...

Traci,

I am so SAD I didn't get to see you! It looks like you had tons of fun! Those twins are hilarious!!

Unknown said...

OH Em Gee! Cutest FuteBol players, EVER!