His present was a quilt that has been almost 2 years in the making. It was going to be a surprise for Christmas '09 and I didn't get around to actually making it. Then with the wedding it got put on hold. I promised him that I would finish it for his birthday this year (it's hard to keep it a surprise when you live in a one bedroom apt. and the entire living room becomes your sewing room). I worked really hard to try and get it done. On Friday (the day of) all I had left was the binding. I ran out of time because I wanted to cook him dinner. But I will finish it. Here is a picture of it basically done.
2 years of hard work. I think it turned out pretty good. It might be the only quilt I ever make though. It's a very time consuming process...
Here is the pie. I got the recipe from my friend Erin here.
And I don't have a picture for the chicken, but trust me it's good. A lady in our ward made it for a Relief Society dinner. She has her own cookbook, so of course I bought a copy of it. Here is the recipe, it's fabulous. Note: it's not the healthiest recipe, but it's well worth it.
* 6 Chicken Breasts
* 6 Slices of Ham
* 6 Slices of processed Swiss Cheese (it is very important that it's processed)
* 1 Cube butter
* 1 C. Corn or Bran Flakes, Crushed
Place one slice of ham and one slice of cheese on every piece of chicken. Fold around chicken (as best as you can). Melt butter. Baste chicken/ham/cheese combo and dip in crumbs. Pour the remaining butter in the bottom of a 9X13 pan. Place pieces in pan and bake at 350 degrees for 30-45 minutes.
Most recipes use fresh Swiss Cheese, however, the processed cheese melts into a sauce rather than being stringy. And the sauce makes all the difference.
Like I said maybe not the healthiest, but it's so yummy!
So this post was less about Lincoln's birthday and more about my preparation for the day. I hope it was a good one. I feel that 25 is a good marker for adulthood (for most anyway). Happy Birthday Lincoln! You're all grown up!
Oh and I think the movie we watched was 127 Hours. I could be wrong though.
2 comments:
The quilt looks awesome Tracey, way to go!
Tell him Happy Birthday!! I feel old, I turn 27 this year... :) The quilt looks awesome Tracey! I am trying to teach myself how to sew, it's time consuming but I love the satisfaction of making something on your very own! Wish you lived closer so you could teach me!
Post a Comment