The Omaha zoo is the coolest. They have a HUGE desert dome. You get to walk around as if you're in the different deserts in the world. Some of the animals are just walking around with you (mostly birds). Underground they have a nocturnal and swamp exhibit. In the swamp all that separates you from the crocodiles is three feet, a net, and a railing. Super cool.
They also have a jungle exhibit. Same concept as the desert one (except giant bats instead of just birds flying around). The monkeys just swing from trees right in front of your face. No net, no fence and no glass. They could jump on you if they wanted. The Sloth in this picture is about two feet from Lincoln. I think he wanted to pet it.

This Jaguar did not like Lincoln. He kept circling and hissing!

The rain forest bridge. There's a waterfall on the one side.

Looking through the waterfall

Lincoln trying to see what the bird is looking at.


This is a gorilla just hanging out by the window.
3 comments:
Looks like fun, glad you guys are doing well. Oh and just so you know I can't get on your blog with trincoln.blogspot.com so I am still using buttercup22.blogspot.com and it seems to work fine.
looks like a great Zoo! same as what amy said about your blog.... I can't get onto the trincoln one....just this one???
Looks fun! Too bad you probably won't be there long enough for us to come visit :(
Post a Comment