I finally uploaded pictures, so there's a lot of them.
The first set is our rainy day. Lincoln had his first D.O. interview in Des Moines. It's about two hours from Omaha, so he drove. We only have one car, so I went with him. I spent most the day shopping and I went to a really neat art museum.
On our way home we stopped in Madison County. You might know of a famous bridge there? Yep, we went to see it.

We also went to see the birthplace of John Wayne


As you can see in the pictures it rained...no, more like poured a tsunami on us. It was fantastic! I love the rain. I made I made Lincoln stop at a park so I could jump in puddles. And of course I found something better. A purple dinosaur. It was one of those rocking ones on the giant spring. The best part about it was that it held two people. Not just kid sized, but adult sized people. About the size of Lincoln and myself! Oh what fun it was.


And what is a small town without the small town dinner and pie? We had the French Silk Pie. mm..mm...good.

This is our new bed. I love it! When we first got married we slept on a full that sunk in the middle. Then we moved into Grandma and Grandpa Andreasen's. They had a queen that also sunk in the middle. Now we have a new bed and it's just right.

This is our living room the first day we moved in. Pretty much everything we own is in this picture.

The drive out here was about 16 hours. We did stop one night to split it up a little. Still, it's nice to get out and stretch your legs a little. We took pictures at all the important points of interest. We only missed one. The Welcome to Iowa sign is a little difficult to get a picture of. It sits above the freeway right over the Missouri river. I don't think you are supposed to stop on the bridge.





This is our moving van. Most of it's Lincoln's!

Kim and Cory came and helped us load everything up. It didn't take too long, but it did rain. No surprise there. Ask Kim, it always rains when one of us tries to move. The kids were very cold. The next time we will see them is Christmas in Disneyland!!!

We had a list of things we wanted to do before we left. We didn't have time for most of them. This is our hike to Mt. Naomi. We packed a lunch to eat when we got to the top. We were unpacking the bag and we found $100 bill. It's not unheard of for someone to find a dollar here and there. I once found $20 in an old winter coat, but $100!? YAY!


1 comment:
I can't believe you are actually gone! :( Looks like a fun adventure!
Post a Comment