We recently visited the Kanesville Tabernacle. This is the spot where Brigham Young was sustained as a prophet. It's a neat little log cabin building. They let Lincoln play the organ that's over 100 years old.
Every year they have a gingerbread house display that is open to the community. Our stake puts on the event, but anyone can enter. Lincoln and I are teaming up with the Smiths (this great couple in our ward) to make ours.
The theme is: Stories, Songs, and Rhymes of Christmas Time. It doesn't have to be the birth of Christ Christmas. It can be anything. We want something really unique. Any suggestions would be great!
2. Cheaper gas. The average price of gas that we've paid is about $2.50. I have to drive about ten minutes to work so this is nice.
3. No sales tax on food. It's wonderful. I swear we save so much money on grocery shopping. The tax is only on goods not services. So we still have to pay tax if we go out to eat, but that's not very often.
4. Same sex marriage! Just kidding. But really, I just learned it's legal in Iowa.
5. There's lots of trees out here. Everything is very pretty we've really enjoyed exploring. The other day we visited the pedestrian bridge. It goes from Council Bluffs to Omaha across the Missouri River. It looks really cool. I didn't take this picture obviously, but I like how you can see on both sides of the river. The side with all the buildings and lights is Nebraska. The dark side with the trees you can't see is Iowa.
No comments:
Post a Comment