Monday, February 03, 2014

Church Christmas Party

Lately I have been missing my event programming days in college. It's something I really enjoyed doing, and enjoyed it more if my sister was involved. We (mostly her with my help) programmed quite a few events at Utah State. Someday I would love to have an event programming business with Kim. We make a great team. Some of the bigger events can be seen here A-day and here Tailgate

As a result of this longing I find myself more freely volunteering for things. This time it was our church Christmas party. They asked one of the married couples with no kids to be in charge and I volunteered to be on the committee. I had no idea what I was getting myself into.

After some planning I was put in charge of the decorations. Go big or go home! I think I went a bit over board on things. To give you an idea, it took 7 hours to decorate the gym. We had estimated 250 people showing up and we actually had closer to 350 people. 


Here are some pictures of the final product. I think it turned out pretty good. There are some things I'd change, but hindsight...

It was more magical with the lights off

We made two of these out of old doors



The center pieces

Tables are covered with butcher paper and a wrapping paper runner

Handing out the ham

These were also made out of old doors


This was the first time in about 20years our ward has had Santa visit. I think it will be a new tradition!
Bennett was not a fan of Santa, but at least we got the picture!
Everything turned out well and I think people had a lot of fun.

No comments: