Friday, November 26, 2010

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

This is one of the card designs that you can get from Shutterfly.

It's that time of year again and so much to do. Last year I tried to get Lincoln to let me send out a Christmas card. He objected. Probably because we weren't even engaged yet. Now that we are married I get to design a card and send one out. I don't have access to a good program like Photoshop, but thanks to Sam I am going to do them through Shutterfly.

I didn't know anything about Shutterfly previously to Sam's blog post. After looking at all there designs I found some that I really like. And they are a lot cuter than what I could design. I love them because you can do a folded card (which is what we will be doing) and write your own personal message or you can just have the basic picture card. Here are links to some different styles.
Chirstmas Cards: http://www.shutterfly.com/cards-stationery/christmas-photo-cards
Holiday Cards: http://www.shutterfly.com/cards-stationery/holiday-cards

The folded cards are great because of the personalized message. Lincoln thought it would be lame to just have a picture of us. "People know what we look like," he said. He wants to share what we've been doing in Omaha. I think it's a great idea.

They also do the cutest picture calendars. I know lots of people that have them and this is a great way to do it. Especially if you don't have your 2011 calendar yet. I think we will wait till we have children to do one of our own, but they make great gifts. Check out this link: http://www.shutterfly.com/calendars/wall-calendars

Another benefit is that they're cheaper than anyone else that I could find. It's fast and easy. Oh and they have a holiday promotion where you can get 50 free cards. Can't beat that. Time is running out though. Christmas is almost here!

No comments: