Thursday, October 28, 2010

Snow Queen

So I heard about the snow in Utah....No snow here just cold. But that is not what this blog is about. It has been decided. We are going to make the Snow Queen's (from the Nutcracker) Castle for our gingerbread house. I don't know if she had a castle but if she did it would look something like this..



Less purple more blue and of course lots of gingerbread. Our castle will not be as elaborate seeing as I've never made a gingerbread house before. How hard could it be? After all I did make this...



OK, enough of the bragging and in all honesty it's not even close to perfect. If anyone has some good tips on making gingerbread houses I'm all ears. Suggestions welcome!

3 comments:

Jewls said...

I've never made a castle, but I found a really good blog for house recipes last year...it worked really well...I'd at least recommend the icing, it was like glue and held really well!

http://easygingerbread.blogspot.com/

shreevit2beaver said...

Here is my good idea on how to make a gingerbread house. Step 1: go to the store where they sell gingerbread house kits. Step 2: buy the kit. Step 3. go home and put it together.
Good luck!

Melody and Lance said...

I second Ree's reccommendation. :D