People are entertaining. It's as simple as that. Yesterday I was sitting in Sunday School when the girl teaching the class explained that she was a theater major. She proceeded to tell us that she loves to people watch because that is how she comes up with characters she plays. She said if you see me staring at you I'm not judging you I just like the way do (insert mannerism here).
Here are my thought about this....
1. People watching is fun
2. Everybody does it
3. We're all unique so I may find you weird but really your just different from me
4. Don't be self conscious of people watching you, embrace your uniqueness
As I sit here in the Denver Airport waiting for my flight I have discovered many interesting people. All of which seem to be staring at everyone else thinking the same thing.
We're all wondering why that mother feels the need to breast feed in front of all of us. At the very least you could go over to the corner seat.
Or the loud obnoxious teenagers who we wondering if we were really like when we were their age.
And how 'bout the old lady who has no idea what is going on. She gets in everyone's way and takes forever getting on and off the plain. Sure we all feel bad for her. But no one wants to be behind her in line.
My personal favorite is business guy. This is the guy in the suite is always on the cell phone making some sort of loud business call. Oh not to mention the general rule of one carry-on does not apply to him. Even a briefcase and a role-on does not suffice. He feels the need to have the role-on, the briefcase, the garment bag (because whatever trip he is on the suit he is wearing is not enough, so he brings a spare), and if he's anything like the guy at the security gate he has two laptops so that requires yet another bag.
The one nice thing about business guy, although he takes up a lot of room, he will either sit quietly in his sit and not talk to you or he will engage in a semi-pleasant conversation. Mostly likely to show you how cool his business is.
My favorite travelers young adults traveling alone. I know I'm getting married, but they keep to themselves and unless it's a high maintenance girl they travel fairly light.
All in all I have to say that I like flying. Even with a two hour layover I can thoroughly enjoy myself all these crazy people.
And one last story of note.
As I was passing through security this morning, I was very blatantly hit on. I handed the security guy my boarding pass and ID. He said I'm sorry...long pause...we don't let the pretty ones through. AWKWARD! I was surrounded by previously mentioned business guys. When this statement was said all of the them turned to make an assessment of security guys opinion.
Oh and cute guy next to me laughed at my joke. Old guy asked him to watch his bag while he went to the bathroom. I said to cute guy hopefully it doesn't blow up on you. YAY for laughing at not funny jokes. Probably shouldn't talk to cute guy any more. I am getting married in 4 days!!
4 DAYS!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment