We have recently started having a weekly family dinner at my sisters house. It's never the same day (usually whatever day works with everyone's schedule). Cousin Hannah (also my roommate) and cousin Hali come also. I have really grown fond of these dinners. It's fun to hang out and reminisce the good old days of Sunday dinners at grandmas.
It's also nice to have real homemade food. The only other time I eat food that is not microwavable, boilable, or fast food is when I eat at Lincoln's house and his grandma cooks. We have become quite the little chefs at these dinners. This week's was chicken manicotti. After Halloween we used the pumpkins to make real pumpkin pie! It was yummy (my mother would be proud)!
Funny story, a few weeks ago we were having dinner (keep in mind that Lincoln comes to these dinners). I said a blessing on the food and mentioned something about family AND friends. After the prayer Hannah said something to the effect of, Was that friend part necessary? We're pretty much all family at this point! YAY! That makes me happy!
2 comments:
A-a-ahem. And I quote myself, "Let's be honest. Which of us is really not family at this point?"
same difference...
Post a Comment