So the Robins Awards were last night. Like I mentioned before, they're the most "prestigious" awards that the university gives out. Mom, Dad, Kim and Cory all came with me. I wasn't nervous until the program started. I wasn't nervous cause I wanted to win (cause I really didn't care) I was more nervous to have to talk in front of 500 people if I won.
Well they announced the nominees and showed our pictures on the big screen. I was the last one so my picture stayed up while they opened the envelope and read the winner. (so embarrassing). When they read my name I thought 'oh no, my picture is going to be up there longer.' We sat in the back of the ballroom so I had a really long way to walk. And during the walk I forgot everything I was going to say. I couldn't even tell you now what I said...oh well.
The award I received is for Service of the Year. Basically for all the volunteer time I've spent doing things for the university. They gave me what appears to be a giant paper weight in the shape of a pyramid. It's pretty sharp too. I also got a certificate signed by the president of the university. Overall the banquet was really boring, but it's nice to be recognized. And I'm glad I won!!
Thanks to everyone who has helped out and put up with me the last 5 years. Can you believe I made it?? Now what??
3 comments:
That's so awesome, Trace! I'm really happy for you!!!!!!!
Congrats!! You deserve nothing less. Great job on A-Day Week as well. Love the pics
Yay for you! Congratulations! That's a huge thing!!
Post a Comment