I've been working on the mobile for the baby's room. I think I have it finished. We just haven't hung it up yet. It turned out pretty cute and only cost two dollars to make! Here's some pics of the process.
I started with this. The lamp shade is what cost 2 dollars. The Origami paper I already had in two different sizes.
I folded a bunch of paper cranes
Then I cut out the metal ring to the lamp shade. This was much easier than trying to build something to hold all the cranes.
Then I used embroidery floss (heavier than string) and needle to thread it through the middle of the cranes and tied it to the ring.
I don't have a full picture of them tied to the ring. I'm planning on wrapping the ring with ribbon to hide all the knots and then hang it above the crib. I'll post some pics when it's finally installed.
2 comments:
It looks awesome! I'm so glad it turned out so great. :)
You are so crafty! I am jealous :) Can't believe you are due so soon!!! I am sure it is not soon enough for you ;) hang in there it will all be worth it soon!
Post a Comment