Tuesday, September 15, 2009

NEW JOB!

So about a month ago I applied for a job at the new Texas Roadhouse in Logan. Two weeks ago they told me I did not get the job. I was a little disappointed. At this point I was taking lots of hours at Cafe Sabor in Bear Lake and was doing a lot of driving (I blame Lincoln). Needless to say it was getting old and less fun.

Well on Saturday the owner of Cafe Sabor sat me down and offered me a manager position. The restaurant is staying open on the weekends through the winter and I would be managing a few shifts a week. I would get paid more, but do to the new store hours my shifts would be cut drastically.

Jobs in Logan are hard to come by once the students come back, so my chances of getting a job here were slim. I weighed the pros and cons. Driving through the winter would not be fun. I would be getting a new boss to which I did not get along with very well. Less hours; off season, so less people. The plus side I would get a raise. I could work a few shifts at the Logan Cafe Sabor (helping with the 'less hours' issue). I would be getting manager experience. I would have a job.

So when it came down to it I knew that I would never quite unless I found something else first. And so I decided to stay up there and take the promotion, even if it wasn't ideal. I would work up there till the snow came and then reevaluate.

Well two days later I get an interesting phone call from the manager at Texas Roadhouse. He basically said that if I still wanted the job and could start today it was mine. I told him I didn't really know, so he told me to come in and talk to him. Well out comes the pros and cons again. This time the only major con would be giving up the manager opportunity.

So I went in and talked to him and decided that it would be a good thing for me. I accepted the job and he told me that I started training in two hours (the store's grand opening is Monday). So in that two hour break I called my boss from Cafe Sabor and quit.

I no longer work in Bear Lake, but I'm fine with that. I have training everyday this week for about five hours a day. It's a lot to take in, but I think it will be lots of fun. Today was a little overwhelming but good. I will say that one of the negatives is that I have to line dance. Yep that's right if you ever come to eat there you will probably see me dancing! Oh boy!

It has been one long day. I got hired, quit one job, and started the other one all in just a few short hours. I should probably go to be now. But I am really excited about my new job!!

2 comments:

harmony marie said...

Wahoo!!!!!!!!

Mary Elizabeth said...

Line Dancing? I think we could swing by for dinner just to see that. Congratulations!