So not to brag or anything but I'm a BIG deal. Today marks a momentous occasion in Utah State University history. The "lighted 'A'" on the hill was once again lit. Those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about will be able reference this to the 'Y' that stands above BYU or the 'U' above Utah.
You may be asking yourself why does this make me a BIG deal. Well, I'll tell you. The lighted 'A' was one of Utah States greatest traditions and due to various circumstances it was shut down. We have not seen the 'A' for about 20 years. Tonight we were able to bring it back. When I say we I'm referring to myself, Kim, a group of engineering students, the Sigma Chi fraternity and a few other people.
Kim and I started looking into this project over a year ago. We figured it would take 3-5 years to get something up there. Well a year and a few months later one can look east to the mountain and see this 'A' lit at Homecoming and A-DAY. This 'A' can been seen when driving into Cache Valley from all directions. It's beautiful and I couldn't be more proud. To think that just a few people could influence a university and even a valley of people is amazing. So...
Yeah I'm kind of a big deal!!!
Don't worry I wont let it go to my head!
4 comments:
Can't be more proud of you Tracey. We know how long it took you and the hard work you put into it to see happen. CONGRATS!!!
Dad and Mom
"What ever the mind of man can conceive and believe it can achieve" Napolean Hill Think and Grow Rich
Way to go Buttercup!!!
That's so neat, Trace! Good job!!!!!!!!
Strong work Tracey. I'm sad I missed it though. Mary Elizabeth was up Friday night and saw it, but I didn't come up till Saturday Morning. I guess I'll have to come see it on A-Day. Congrats again!
Post a Comment