Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Job Hunt

So the job search is still on. I would really like to stay at Utah State, but it's looking as if I might have to search somewhere else. I'm ok with that I guess. I think the hardest part is looking back at my college experience and not remembering the classes that I had, but the organizations I was involved in. There are so many things that I'm going to miss. I think that's why I have only looked for jobs at the university.

This makes me think of that famous saying...don't let your school work interfere with your education (I think that's how it goes). But I really feel that I learned more from the clubs and extracurriculars that I was involved in rather than the boring classes that I attended. And that's when I actually attended my classes. (Hali don't get any ideas. Going to your classes is very important!)

So I finished college, regardless of how often I went to classes. But they never taught me how to be all grown up. I'm thinking that being grown up is not pertinent right now. Does a college degree really mean it's time to grow up or is it just something that your parents tell you so that you don't become lazy and sit on the couch all day. Which I find myself doing more frequently now that I don't have a job. Which brings me back to the original topic of searching for jobs.

Why do they have to make it so hard? They always tell you that you don't have enough experience, but how are you supposed to get experience if no one will hire you? It's this endless cycle with massive amounts of frustration. All that college classes ever taught me was what to do when I actually have a job. They never teach you how to go out and get the job. You would think if we are capable of going to college (paying for, getting good grades, and actually graduating) that we could succeed in whatever job we find. So why don't they teach us, what has proven to be the most difficult part for me, how get a job?

The frustration is starting to get to me...if you couldn't already tell. People just keep saying it will come, there's a reason for everything. So I will continue sending in my resume and I will continue looking for jobs and in the meantime if you would like to hire me...let me know!!!

1 comment:

shreevit2beaver said...

I have always hated looking for jobs. Good luck.