Every year Utah State holds an awards ceremony. It's the most "prestigious" awards on campus. They honor those who have been involved in the university. The awards include everything from women and man of the year, which recognizes outstanding female and male students, to adviser of the year, to organization of the year, to service of the year.
Last year the club that I started (the HURD) was a finalist for organization of the year. We lost to Special Olympics, but this year we are a finalist again. Also the Student Alumni Association (the club that I'm in charge of A-DAY for) is a finalist.
The Service of the year award is given to the individual or group that has showed outstanding service to the University. This year I was nominated and am a finalist for this award. It's really cool to be recognized for the things that I've done, but it doesn't go without saying that I've had a lot of help. I couldn't do any of it alone.
The banquette/ceremony is on April 19th. The day after A-DAY, so needless to say I don't have time to worry about winning. But I'm excited non-the-less and it's an honor just to be nominated. Stayed tuned for the outcome!!
2 comments:
Wow, Tracey! Congratulations! That's a big deal!!! Good luck!
Congratulations Auntie Tracey!!! It comes to no suprise to us that you would be recognized! YOU ROCK!!! Good luck!! we will be thinking about you and keeping our fingers crossed! and our toes says skyler.
Post a Comment