Thursday, February 21, 2008

STRESS!!!

So one of the extracurriculars I'm involved in is Student Alumni. I serve as the A-DAY VP. This means that I'm in charge of a week long event dedicated to service. I like to say that it's the equivalent of Homecoming week. This is big job by its self. At the beginning of the year we had some great ideas of things we wanted for A-DAY. One is to build a big "A" on the mountain and the other is to bring in a big named band to Logan.

Well this is how it is going....We are very close to getting OK Go to come (They're a band) I've been working on getting a band for about six months. In order to bring the band we need to come up with $20K. When made our offer they asked for $5K more. That means if we bring the band we need to come up with $25K. It doesn't seem like 5K would make that big of a difference but it does. Kim is my adviser and we are torn. We are trying to come up with the money somehow and we are both very stressed over this. If anyone has an idea where to come up with this money let me know I'm open to suggestions!



This the video that the band is famous for!

On top of this we are trying to build the "A" on the mountain. We have quite a few people behind us, but those that aren't are making a statement. I received an email from the Dean of Natural Resources at Utah State. He made it very clear that he's against this project. When we started this project we knew that we would come across some opposition. But I never knew that it would be targeted directly at me and that I could be so intimidated by someone. But we will press on! After all good leader inspires others to work towards a common goal!

So please wish Kim and I luck in our endeavors, because I don't know if either of us will make it to the end of the school year!!!

1 comment:

Hal and Janet said...

"What ever the mind of man can conceive and believe it can achieve" Nepolean Hill (Think and Grow Rich)
Learn it live it.

lah